The Surreal Life is set to return later this month and judging by the new trailer, it’s going to be wild.
VH1 unveiled the trailer and premiere date for the reboot on Wednesday. The new season stars Dennis Rodman, August Alsina, Stormy Daniels, Tamar Braxton, Frankie Muniz, Kim Coles, CJ Perry and Manny MUA, as previously reported.
The video shows the celebs living together in a mansion, sharing stories and dealing with Rodman’s antics.
“We can sleep together,” he says to Braxton, who has no interest in hooking up with the retired NBA star. “I’m not sleeping with you,” she says while laughing.
Related Story: Derek Fisher and Gloria Govan Land New Reality Series
Rodman later drops a truth bomb, causing WWE superstar CJ Perry’s jaw to drop. Moments later, Malcolm In The Middle actor Frankie Muniz vents, “We’ve all seen Dennis Rodman’s dong.”
The one person we don’t hear from in the video is Jada Pinkett Smith’s “entanglement” partner August Alsina.
VH1 describes the cast as “eight wildly different celebrities” and says living together “will put their temperaments and vulnerabilities to the test.”
The first season of The Surreal Life premiered on the WB in 2003, and ran for two seasons before it moved to VH1 for four more seasons. The show was popular enough that it had two spinoff series — My Fair Brady and Strange Love.
The reboot is executive produced by Christian Sarabia, Fernando Mills, Ken Martinez and Nicole Elliott for 51 Minds Entertainment. Elena Diaz, Tolani Holmes, Adam Gonzalez and Dan Caster are executive producers for MTV Entertainment Group.
The Surreal Life premieres with back-to-back episodes on Monday, Oct. 24 at 9PM ET/PT.
Below are details on each cast member:
· August Alsina, contemporary R&B singer, songwriter
· CJ Perry, actress, model, and former WWE superstar
· Dennis Rodman, one of the greatest professional athletes of all time
· Frankie Muniz, actor best known for playing the title character in Malcolm In The Middle
· Kim Coles, actress, comedienne, host, and author famous for her role on the ’90s comedy series Living Single
· Manny MUA, a makeup artist, entrepreneur and pioneer blurring the lines of gender in cosmetics
· Stormy Daniels, award-winning actress, screenwriter, author and director in the adult entertainment industry
· Tamar Braxton, Grammy Award-nominated singer & songwriter