Jonathan Majors Files Complaint Alleging He Was Assaulted by Ex-Girlfriend

February 15,2023: Jonathan Majors attends the European Premiere of "Creed III" at Cineworld Leicester Square in London, England. (Credit: Shutterstock)

The domestic violence case against Jonathan Majors has taken a new turn, with the Creed III actor filing a counter-complaint with New York police alleging he was victimized by the ex-girlfriend who accused him of assault.

An NYPD incident report and sworn affidavit obtained by Insider alleges Majors, 33, was scratched and slapped by the woman who was “drunk and hysterical” on the day of their dispute on a New York City street in March.

The Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania actor filed the complaint on June 21, three months after he was arrested for allegedly assaulting the 30-year-old woman.

Related StoryJonathan Majors ‘Is Completely Innocent’ Lawyer Says as Fallout Worsens

Majors said the woman scratched, slapped, and grabbed at his face, causing pain and bleeding, according to the incident report he filed with the NYPD’s Chinatown precinct.

A second NYPD precinct near Majors’ penthouse apartment in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood is said to be assisting with the investigation into the actor’s claims.

In response to his counter-complaint, the actor’s attorney issued a statement to Urban Hollywood 411 on Tuesday (June 27).

“From the beginning, we have said Jonathan Majors is innocent,” attorney Priya Chaudhry stated.

“Last week, for the first time, Mr. Majors met with the NYPD to present them with evidence of what really happened on that night. Within hours of viewing the evidence, and conducting their own thorough investigation, the NYPD found probable cause to arrest [the woman] for assaulting Jonathan Majors,” Chaudhry added.

However, the NYPD told us Tuesday, “The investigation is ongoing. There are no additional arrests at this time.”

Majors was arrested March 25 on suspicion of domestic violence.

He was charged with multiple misdemeanor counts — including assault in the third degree, three counts of attempted assault in the third degree, one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree, and one count of harassment in the second degree. Majors has denied the allegations.

An NYPD spokesperson stated at the time that the alleged victim suffered minor injuries to her head and neck and was taken to a nearby hospital in stable condition.

In April, the woman obtained a temporary restraining order against Majors.

The actor made his first in-person court appearance on June 20. During the hearing, Judge Rachel S. Pauley scheduled a trial date of Aug. 3.

Majors is set to star as Marvel villain Kang the Conqueror in the upcoming film Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. He’s also preparing to play former Chicago Bulls star Dennis Rodman in the film 48 Hours in Vegas, and was recently cast in Da Understudy, a Spike Lee movie about “life imitating art when the understudy of a Broadway production finds a role he’s willing to kill for.”