Black Ink Crew New York returns for a 10th season in October.
In a press release Tuesday, VH1 said the new season will find the crew “facing a reckoning that they never saw coming and must learn how to adjust to a post-Ceaser world.”
Series star Ceaser Emanuel was dropped from the reality show in June, after footage of him striking a dog went viral. The show focuses on Emanuel’s Harlem-based Black Ink tattoo shop and his eclectic staff.
The season 10 cast includes Puma, Young Bae, Ted, Tatti, Alex and Spyder. In the trailer for the new season, Puma says about Ceaser, “What was he thinking?” Someone else says, “I don’t see how there’s a Black Ink without Ceaser.”
Related Story: ‘Black Ink Crew’ Star Ceaser Emanuel Faces Animal Cruelty Charges
The series comes from MTV Entertainment Studios and is executive produced by Daniel Blau Rogge, Phakiso Collins, Treiva Williams, Melanie C. Lodge and Steve Kaufman. Co-executive producers include Michael Nittolo, Darian Edmonson, and Joann Jean.
Black Ink Crew New York premieres on Tuesday, Oct, 18 at 8PM ET/PT on VH1.
Below are details on the season 10 storylines for each of the crew members.
· As Puma enters his 40s, he navigates splitting his time as a successful entrepreneur, and being a husband to his wife, Quani, and father to his two children. He might be unsure of what his 40s have to offer him but he is determined to let loose and take the reins on this new decade of life.
· This season Young Bae reconnects with herself as a mother, woman and artist. While taking on the new task of becoming a mentor at the shop, she continues to evolve into the woman she longs to become.
· Since heavily investing in his music and acting career, Ted begins to focus on his life outside of Black Ink and starts to unapologetically put himself and his own needs first, as he reconnects with family he has not seen in years.
· After battling a federal court case and working to prove herself last season, Tatti decides to take a step down to an apprentice position, hoping that it will help level up her art skills.
· Newly single, Alex is feeling reborn and is no longer letting anyone nor anything hold him back on his life journey and is embracing the sex symbol status that his fans have crowned him with.
· Self-proclaimed “Black Ink” royalty, Spyder is back better than ever! After dealing with an extreme health scare last year.