A Los Angeles judge on Tuesday ordered rapper Tory Lanez to stand trial for allegedly shooting Megan Thee Stallion.
Superior Court Judge Keith H. Borjon rejected a bid by the Canadian rapper’s attorney Shawn Holley to dismiss the case, despite her claims of insufficient evidence.
Lanez “seemed to shake his head in disgust” throughout the 90-minute preliminary hearing, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Related Story: Tory Lanez Charged With Shooting Megan Thee Stallion
The rapper is charged with felony assault and gun charges for allegedly shooting Megan in the feet after an argument in the Hollywood Hills in the summer of 2020.
Los Angeles Police Department Detective Ryan Stogner told the judge Tuesday he spoke with Megan after the shooting and she told him she heard Lanez say, “Dance, b—h!” before firing at her as she got out of a Cadillac SUV.
“No one heard, ‘Dance, b—h!’ except for Megan?” defense attorney Shawn Holley asked on cross-examination. “Correct,” the detective responded.
The Times reported Lanez yelled out at the LAPD detective, “That don’t make no sense,” before Holley urged her client to be quiet.
The charges against Lanez include allegations that the rapper, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, personally used a firearm and inflicted great bodily injury. If convicted as charged, he faces a maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in state prison. He is scheduled to return to court on Jan. 13.
Last year in October, Megan Thee Stallion wrote about the ordeal in an op-ed for The New York Times.