The Beyhive is getting in formation this weekend for Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé.
But the movie’s distributor, AMC Theatres, is urging fans to follow the rules.
While the company says moviegoers should “feel free” to dress up in extravagant outfits and take selfies, it issued a set of “helpful tips” for fans to keep in mind before they head out to watch the film.
Among the tips — no face masks except for “health and safety reasons,” remove wings or headwear before the movie starts, don’t take pictures or record while the movie is playing, and “do not dance on seats or block other guests” from viewing the film.
AMC also noted that the movie runs 2 hours and 48 minutes, so “plan your bathroom breaks” ahead of time.
Renaissance follows Beyoncé‘s 56-stop “Renaissance” tour. The set list for the concert included “Crazy in Love,” “Love on Top,” and “Formation,” along with “Church Girl,” “Naughty Girl,” and “Break My Soul,” just to name a few of the songs.
The superstar singer wrote, directed and produced the film. Ahead of the release, she held star-studded premieres in Beverly Hills and London.
Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé is on track to top the box office this weekend in North America, after ringing up $5 million in Thursday night previews.
Below is the list of AMC rules from the company’s website.
– Feel free to take selfies and group shots to celebrate the occasion and the beautiful ensembles you came up with, but please DO NOT take pictures or record while the film is playing. Be sure to post your photos on social media with #RENAISSANCETHEFILM
– If parts of your outfit will potentially block other viewers from the screen, please remove them as the film begins (ex. headwear, wings, etc) and please keep in mind that masks (except for standard face masks used explicitly for health and safety reasons) are not permitted.
– You know the words, you know the choreography — sing & dance your heart out, but please respect each other’s space along with the theatre equipment. Do not dance on seats or block other guests from viewing, safely walking or exiting the auditorium.
– Get COZY before it gets crazy. Save your energy for once you are inside the RENAISSANCE showing room. We want to make sure other AMC guests enjoy their movie-going experience as much as you do.
– The runtime for this film is 2 hours and 48 minutes, plus approximately 15-20 extra minutes for pre-show and trailers before the film starts, so please plan your bathroom breaks or other needs accordingly. You won’t want to miss a single second!