Anthony Mackie Addresses Jonathan Majors Assault Accusations: ‘Nothing Has Been Proven’

Anthony Mackie and Jonathan Majors (Credit: Deposit Photos)

Anthony Mackie has weighed in on the domestic violence accusations against fellow Marvel Cinematic Universe actor Jonathan Majors.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier star is the first Marvel actor to publicly comment on the case.

In an interview with Inverse, he was asked about Majors’ future as villain Kang the Conqueror in the next phase of the MCU.

Mackie noted that “nothing has been proven.”

“We’re a country that was built on ‘everyone is innocent until proven guilty,’” he said. “That’s one of the staples of this country. Nothing has been proven about this dude. Nothing. So everyone is innocent until proven guilty. That’s all I can say. It’s crazy where we are as a society. But as a country, everyone is innocent until proven guilty.”

Related StoryJonathan Majors Files Complaint Alleging He Was Assaulted by Ex-Girlfriend

Majors was arrested in New York City on March 25, on suspicion of assaulting an ex-girlfriend. He is scheduled to go to trial on Aug. 3.

The Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania actor was charged with multiple misdemeanor counts — including assault in the third degree, three counts of attempted assault in the third degree, one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree, and one count of harassment in the second degree.

He has denied the allegations.

On June 21, Majors filed a counter-complaint with the NYPD alleging he was victimized by the 30-year-old woman who accused him of assault.

Majors alleged the woman scratched, slapped, and grabbed at his face, causing pain and bleeding on the day she said she was assaulted, according to the incident report obtained by Insider.

In response to his counter-complaint, the actor’s attorney issued a statement to Urban Hollywood 411 on Tuesday (June 27).

“From the beginning, we have said Jonathan Majors is innocent,” attorney Priya Chaudhry stated.

“Last week, for the first time, Mr. Majors met with the NYPD to present them with evidence of what really happened on that night. Within hours of viewing the evidence, and conducting their own thorough investigation, the NYPD found probable cause to arrest [the woman] for assaulting Jonathan Majors,” Chaudhry added.

However, the NYPD said in a statement, “The investigation is ongoing. There are no additional arrests at this time.”