Annemarie Wiley Out After One Season on ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’

Annemarie Wiley on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Credit: Bravo)

Annemarie Wiley will not return for a second season on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Wiley was introduced to viewers on season 13 of RHOBH. But in a lengthy Instagram post on Thursday, March 21, the reality star said she was not invited back to the Bravo series.

“I just got word today that I will not be returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,” she began. “To say that I’m disappointed is an understatement.”

The nurse anesthesiologist told her followers the decision didn’t make sense because she did exactly what producers asked during filming.

“I never auditioned for this show. The show found me and asked me to be on it out of the blue, 6 weeks after the cast had already started filming. I was thrown into filming 2 weeks later, mid-season,” she wrote. “I was very excited about the opportunity, and I thought following exactly what I was instructed to do throughout filming last season was the way ‘the game was played.'”

Related StorySanya Richards-Ross Not Returning to ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ for Season 16

The former professional athlete is mom to four children with her husband, former NFL defensive end Marcellus Wiley, and said she is leaning on her family for support.

“What I am is a woman, a proud Black woman, who is truly blessed with a wonderful strong Black man as my husband, who lifts me and our four wonderful children up with so much love and positivity on a daily basis,” she added.

Wiley, who is of Dutch and Nigerian descent, said she hoped to show viewers more of her home life and “Black love” on season 14 of RHOBH.

“It was an important mission of mine for the next season to show a solid Black family unit and that ‘true Black love’ exists, even in Beverly Hills,” she shared.

Wiley went on to say “fans never got to see the real me or even a glimpse of my unique life story” because some of her scenes were “taped but never shown last season.”

According to published reports, filming on the new season of RHOBH is set to begin next month.

Wiley wished the rest of the cast luck and thanked her fans.

“To the fans that saw past what was portrayed and saw the REAL me, thank you so much for the love and support,” she wrote. “I wish all the ladies good luck on the next season and thank you Bravo for the opportunity.”

Wiley’s husband is currently facing sexual assault allegations from a woman who alleged in a November lawsuit that she was assaulted in 1994, while they were students at Columbia University. It’s unclear if the lawsuit factored into Bravo’s decision.

You can read the full post from Annemarie Wiley below.

Leave a Reply