Al Roker ‘Rushed’ Back to Hospital One Day After Release

Al Roker at the Hallmark Winter 2019 TCA Event at the Tournament House on February 9, 2019 in Pasadena, CA. (Credit: Shutterstock)

Al Roker has suffered a medical setback.

Multiple media outlets reported the Today show weather anchor was “rushed” back to the hospital on Friday, just 24 hours after he was released following treatment for blood clots in his lungs and a leg.

Page Six broke the news of Roker’s latest hospitalization on Wednesday, saying an ambulance arrived at his home and he was transported to a New York City hospital after falling ill again.

“Al was taken from his home in a stretcher back to the hospital on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. His condition was worrying, but once back in the hospital, he improved,” a witness told the outlet.

Related StoryAl Roker Hospitalized for Blood Clots

Roker, 68, was hospitalized earlier this month, and revealed in a Nov. 18 Instagram post that he’d been receiving treatment for blood clots.

“So many of you have been thoughtfully asking where I’ve been,” he captioned the post. “Last week I was admitted to the hospital with a blood clot in my leg which sent some clots into my lungs.”

The morning TV personality shared an update on Nov. 24, telling his followers he was leaving the hospital just in time for Thanksgiving.

“So much to be #thankful for on the #thanksgiving day. Leaving the hospital for #thanksgivingdinner,” he wrote next to a video of himself walking out of the hospital.

Related StoryAl B Sure! Details ‘Life-Changing’ Medical Crisis – Organ Transplant, Blood Transfusions, Multiple Surgeries

He also posted a picture of himself watching Today colleagues Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb hosting the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Roker usually contributes to NBC’s coverage of the parade, but because of his illness, he was absent from the iconic event for the first time in 27 years.

Roker has previously been treated for prostate cancer and he’s had hip replacement surgery.