Extra has formally ended its relationship with A.J. Calloway following an investigation into multiple allegations of sexual assault against the TV host.
Calloway had been with the entertainment news magazine since 2005. But in a statement today, producer Warner Bros. Television said it was cutting ties with him.
“The company has investigated the claims made into Mr. Calloway’s conduct and he and the company have mutually agreed to part ways,” a Warner Bros. rep told The Hollywood Reporter.
Calloway was suspended from the show in February. At the time, his attorney said the allegations were “patently false.”
“Mr. Calloway maintains that these unsubstantiated allegations are patently false. He vehemently denies that he ever assaulted anyone and looks forward to clearing his name,” Lisa E. Davis said in a statement.
The initial complaint against Calloway surfaced in June 2018, when domestic violence activist Sil Lai Abrams went public in an interview with THR, alleging that he sexually assaulted her in 2006. Calloway was arrested shortly after the alleged assault, but the case was eventually dismissed. Abrams first shared details of the alleged assault in her 2007 memoir, although she not disclose Calloway’s name.
Two more women came forward with claims against the entertainment journalist in an article published by The Daily Beast on Jan. 4, 2019. They alleged he forced himself on them in separate incidents. Weeks later, he was suspended from his job as co-host of Extra.
Before joining the show, Calloway hosted BET’s 106 & Park.