Diddy’s Lawyer Says Cassie Settlement Not an ‘Admission of Wrongdoing’

Cassie Ventura, Sean 'Diddy' Combs attends Los Angeles Premiere of CANT STOP WONT STOP: A BAD BOY STORY in WGA on June 21st 2017, Beverly Hills, CA. — Photo by info@photographybyeugene.com/Deposit Photos

After settling a disturbing rape and sex trafficking lawsuit with ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura, Sean “Diddy” Combs has released a statement through his attorney, saying the agreement is not an “admission of wrongdoing.”

Cassie, born Casandra Ventura, filed the lawsuit in New York federal court on Thursday, Nov. 16.

The “Me & U” singer alleged Combs “often punched, beat, kicked and stomped” her, resulting in bruises, burst lips, black eyes and bleeding.”

The two dated for over a decade. During that time, the lawsuit alleged Combs plied Cassie with drugs, forced her to engage in sex acts with male prostitutes while he recorded the encounters, and raped her when she tried to leave him.

Related StoryFormer Bad Boy Records Artists Aubrey O’Day and Dawn Richard Voice Support for Cassie Amid Diddy Lawsuit

Combs denied the singer’s allegations.

The lawsuit — which also listed Bad Boy Entertainment, Bad Boy Records, Epic Records, and Combs Enterprises as defendants — was privately settled on Friday, Nov. 17.

“We have decided to resolve this matter amicably,” Combs said in a statement on Friday night. “I wish Cassie and her family all the best. Love.”

A day later, Combs’ attorney Ben Brafman issued a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, saying the music mogul maintains his innocence.

“[This is in] no way an admission of wrongdoing,” said Brafman.

“Mr. Combs’ decision to settle the lawsuit does not in any way undermine his flat-out denial of the claims. He is happy they got to a mutual settlement and wishes Ms. Ventura the best,” the statement continued.

Terms of the settlement were not disclosed.

Although Brafman previously accused Ventura of demanding $30 million, in exchange for her silence. Ventura’s lawyer, Douglas Wigdor, countered that Combs offered the singer “eight figures to silence her and prevent the filing of this lawsuit.”