Cassie Addresses Diddy Assault Video: ‘This Healing Journey Is Never Ending’

Cassie Ventura and Sean Diddy Combs (Credit: Shutterstock)

Casandra “Cassie” Ventura has broken her silence following the release of a disturbing surveillance video from 2016, that showed her ex-boyfriend, Sean “Diddy” Combs, physically assaulting her in a Los Angeles hotel.

“Thank you for all of the love and support from my family, friends, strangers and those I have yet to meet. The outpouring of love has created a place for my younger self to settle and feel safe now, but this is only the beginning. Domestic Violence is THE issue,” the R&B singer wrote in a statement posted to Instagram on Thursday, May 23.

“It broke me down to someone I never thought I would become,” she continued. “With a lot of hard work, I am better today, but I will always be recovering from my past.”

The “Me & U” singer then asked anyone reading the post to believe those who say they’ve suffered abuse.

“My only ask is that EVERYONE open your heart to believing victims the first time. It takes a lot of heart to tell the truth out of a situation that you were powerless in,” she added.

She concluded by sharing, “This healing journey is never ending, but this support means everything to me.”

Related StoryDiddy Faces New Lawsuit Alleging He Drugged and Assaulted Model in 2003

Ventura’s statement came after CNN aired surveillance video on May 17, that showed Combs attacking her inside the InterContinental Hotel.

Wearing only a towel and socks, the music mogul chased her down a hallway as she quickly walked toward an elevator.

Once Combs caught up to the singer, he violently grabbed her by the back of the neck, shoved her to the ground, and kicked her multiple times. He then grabbed her bags, and dragged her back to a hotel room.

Amid backlash, Combs released a video statement Sunday on Instagram, apologizing for his behavior.

“I take full responsibility for my actions in that video. I’m disgusted. I was disgusted then when I did it, I’m disgusted now. I went and I sought out professional help. I got into going to therapy, going to rehab. I had to ask God for his mercy and grace. I’m so sorry. But I’m committed to be a better man each and every day. I’m not asking for forgiveness. I’m truly sorry,” he said.

Ventura detailed the hotel incident in a 35-page civil lawsuit she filed against Combs in November.

The sexual abuse complaint alleged the mogul paid thousands of dollars to keep the hotel video hidden. “Mr. Combs paid the InterContinental Century City $50,000 for the hallway security footage from that evening,” the complaint said.

Diddy settled Ventura’s lawsuit one day after it was filed. The mogul said at the time that the settlement was not an “admission of wrongdoing.”

Combs has since been sued by five other accusers alleging sexual abuse. He has denied all of the allegations.

The latest lawsuit was filed earlier this week by a former model who alleged he drugged and assaulted her after they met at a Men’s Fashion Week event in New York City in 2003.

Leave a Reply