The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Tuesday it won’t file sexual assault charges against Black-ish actor Anthony Anderson.
The decision came after Anderson’s accuser refused to be interviewed, officials said.
“The reporting party has declined to be interviewed by the investigating officer,” the D.A.’s office said in a statement. “The interview is a necessary piece of the investigation. Prosecution is declined due to lack of sufficient evidence to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the allegations.”
Read More: Former ‘Black-ish’ Writer and NFL Star Charged With Insider Trading
Los Angeles police turned the case over to the D.A.’s office last month, after an unidentified woman claimed Anderson assaulted her last year during a business meeting.
Anderson’s rep issued a statement disputing the claim.
“It’s unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false,” the actor’s rep said when details of the case first surfaced. “Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim.”
The decision by prosecutors not to move forward with the case, was announced on the same day that the D.A.’s office declined to file sexual assault charges against actors Kevin Spacey and Steven Seagal.