50 Cent Slams Starz, Says He’s ‘Getting the F–k Away’ From Network

50 Cent (Credit: Shutterstock)

After years of serving as an executive producer on the Starz series Power and its spinoffs, 50 Cent is now threatening to leave the network.

On Tuesday (March 1) the rapper and actor posted a video on his official Instagram account of a man packing his suitcase with the caption: “This is me packing my stuff, Starz. Sucks, my deal is up over here I’m out. They renewed Hightown and Force is the highest-rated show they have [but] it’s sitting in limbo. If I told you how much dumb sh– I deal with over here.”

Related Story: ‘Power Book IV: Force’ Debuts to Record Ratings for Starz

In another post uploaded on the same day, 50 Cent shared a photo of two suitcases with the caption: “Hold my calls I’m traveling. Getting the fvck away from Starz.”

The show the hip-hop mogul called out is the Starz drama Hightown starring Monica Raymund. The crime series about a National Marine Fisheries Service agent trying to get sober while investigating murders in her beach community was renewed this week for a third season.

Meanwhile, Power Book IV: Force from creator Robert Munic debuted on Feb. 6, and was the “most-watched premiere” in Starz history, as previously reported. The series stars Joseph Sikora as fan favorite Tommy Egan who puts New York in his rearview mirror for good. When unexpected events unfold, Tommy quickly finds himself in Chicago’s drug game dealing with the Windy City’s two biggest crews.

The series has not yet been renewed for a second season.

This isn’t the first time 50 Cent has sparred with the network or even his co-stars and colleagues. In August, he called out the star of Raising Kanan Patina Miller after she responded to a side-by-side photo he posted comparing her character to Empire‘s Cookie.