Shemar Moore Commands the Unit in ‘S.W.A.T. Exiles’ First Photos

S.W.A.T. Exiles (Credit: Kit Karzen/Sony Pictures Television)

Hondo is back in action in the first photos from the upcoming spinoff series, S.W.A.T. Exiles.

Producer Sony Pictures Television released the images on social media Wednesday, Feb. 18, and captioned the post: “Gear up for a new generation. Your first look at S.W.A.T. Exiles is here.”

The photos highlight Shemar Moore’s return as Sgt. Daniel “Hondo” Harrelson. The 10-episode S.W.A.T. spinoff follows Hondo, who was sidelined after a high-profile mission went sideways.

He’s been “pulled out of forced retirement to lead a last-chance experimental SWAT unit made up of untested, unpredictable young recruits,” per the official description.

S.W.A.T. Exiles (Credit: Kit Karzen/Sony Pictures Television)
(Credit: Kit Karzen/Sony Pictures Television)

Moore is joined in the cast by Ronen Rubinstein (9-1-1: Lone Star), Lucy Barrett (Deep Water), Adain Bradley (The Bold and the Beautiful), Zyra Gorecki (La Brea), and Freddy Miyares (Grey’s Anatomy).

While the spinoff centers on a new generation, the franchise will also welcome back several original S.W.A.T. stars for guest appearances.

Fan favorites Jay Harrington, who played Sgt. David “Deacon” Kay, and Patrick St. Esprit, who portrayed Cmdr. Robert “Bob” Hicks, are both confirmed to reprise their roles, as previously reported.

David Lim, who played Officer Victor Tan, will also be back after fans said they wanted to see more of the original cast on the spinoff.

Earlier this month, the Hollywood trades reported Selma Blair and Jerry O’Connell would join the show in guest roles.

The spinoff was announced in May 2025, as S.W.A.T. ended after eight seasons on CBS.

“We are thrilled to usher this beloved franchise into a new era with S.W.A.T. Exiles,” Keith Le Goy, chairman of Sony Pictures Television, said previously. “We believe in championing powerful storytelling and in our teams’ exceptional ability to create and deliver these stories to audiences around the world.”

CBS canceled then un-canceled S.W.A.T twice — in 2023 and in 2024, before giving it a final season to say goodbye.

The new show doesn’t yet have a TV or streaming home, but it’s being shopped around with a focus on “finding the right homes and partners for these new stories to reach the passionate S.W.A.T. fanbase and attract new viewers,” Sony said last year.

A report this week in Variety said one of the stops for the show will be at the upcoming London TV Screenings event, giving international buyers a chance to check it out.

Jason Ning (Lucifer) is the showrunner. Executive producers include Neal H. MoritzShemar Moore, James Scura, and Pavun Shetty of Original Film.

Take a look at the photos from the spinoff below:


Discover more from Urban Hollywood 411

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Leave a Reply