Lil’ Kim backed out of a round of media appearances this week, saying her team pulled the plug on the interviews because the outlets were being “messy.”
In an Instagram Live video, the rapper told fans she was all set to do the promotional run for her new VH1 series Girls Cruise, until things got, well, messy.
“One of the reasons it’s not happening is because two of the major outlets wanted to be messy,” she said. “And my publicist and my manager made the executive decision to shut it down.”
[Watch the video below]
The hip-hop star said the interviews were booked for Wednesday and Thursday, July 10-11, with the Today show, Access [previously called Access Hollywood], Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen and other outlets.
She suggested some outlets wanted to ask questions she considered off-limits. Side note, most larger news outlets don’t allow talent to set guidelines on interviews.
“I refuse to f–king keep doing all of these interviews, publications, and all of that sh-t if motherf–kers is not gonna respect who I am, what I’ve done, where I’m at now,” she said. “Put some fu–ing respect on my name.”
An individual attached to Access told Urban Hollywood 411 the entertainment news magazine was unfairly singled out.
“Access was not messy with Lil’ Kim’s booking, but unfortunately she grouped Access in with the other outlets she named in her video,” the individual said Friday.
While Kim didn’t elaborate, she called out Cohen by name.
“There were maybe two publications, and one of them being Watch What Happens Live With Andy. I had a cool relationship with [Andy], I thought,” she said.
Cohen responded with his own statement.
“I love Lil Kim and can’t wait for her to return to the Clubhouse,” he said in the statement to Urban Hollywood 411.
The Grammy-winning rapper previously appeared on Watch What Happens Live in 2012. Her interview made headlines after she was asked several questions about then hip-hop rival Nicki Minaj.
Kim responded by saying, “Who?” along with a few other choice words.