Chris Brown is addressing the recent rape allegation against him via a new music video.
The Loyal singer uploaded the video to his social media accounts Thursday along with heart and French flag emojis, seemingly in reference to his arrest last month in Paris for alleged aggravated rape and drug infractions.
Set to his 2012 song Stuck on Stupid, the highly-produced video starts with the 29-year-old performer enjoying himself in Paris. The scenes include Brown at a nightclub, a choreography session, mingling with people in the city, and standing in front of the Eiffel Tower.
But the singer’s enjoyable visit is abruptly cut short following the sound of screeching brakes and a car crash. The video then cuts to audio of news broadcasts discussing Brown’s arrest, which he follows up with a voiceover.
“My mother and grandma always said, ‘The Lord can give you a gift and he can take it away,'” a somber-looking Brown states. “I feel like I don’t have to explain any bullsh-t or any lie that somebody has been perpetrating … or portraying me as. For me, it’s like, alright, cool, I came out there to do a job and that’s what I did.”
— Chris Brown (@chrisbrown) January 31, 2019
Brown’s pensive mood, however, doesn’t last. Near the video’s end, he goes back to dancing and laughing, while offering an uplifting message about his career.
“For me, it’s like, alright, cool, I came out there to do a job and that’s what I did,” he says in the voiceover. “We’re gonna shoot this motherf–kin’ video.”
The video ends with footage of Brown with his 4-year-old daughter, Royalty, before cutting to the singer wishing “love to everybody.”
The Virginia native was detained in Paris on Jan. 21, along with his bodyguard and another person after an unidentified French model said she was raped by the singer and others during a drug-fueled party at a Paris hotel.
Brown was released from custody the following day. The Paris prosecutor’s office told the Associated Press that charges haven’t been filed against the singer, but the investigation is said to still be ongoing.
The entertainer also denied the allegations in a since-deleted Instagram post, writing in part: “I WANNA MAKE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR…… THIS IS FALSE AND A WHOLE LOT OF CAP [sic]!”