Anthony Anderson Sexual Assault Case Turned Over to LA County DA

Los Angeles Jun Anthony Anderson 2018 Nba Awards Barker Hanger (Credit: Deposit Photos)

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office is reviewing a sexual assault case involving Black-ish actor Anthony Anderson, according to published reports.

The case was submitted to the D.A.’s office Wednesday by the Los Angeles Police Department.

On July 20, The Blast reported police had opened an investigation into an alleged assault involving the actor.

Read MoreAnthony Anderson Disputes Woman’s Assault Claim Amid LAPD Probe

“We have a crime report listing him as a suspect in a crime,” the LAPD told the website.

The report was taken after an unidentified woman claimed Anderson assaulted her last year during a business meeting. Last month, Anderson’s rep issued a statement disputing the claim.

“It’s unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false,” the actor’s rep said. “The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim.”

Read MoreHarvey Weinstein Denies Admitting He Offered Acting Jobs for Sex

The LAPD also handed the D.A.’s office a sexual assault case involving actor Steven Seagal on Wednesday.

In addition to the Anderson and Seagal cases, prosecutors were recently presented with a new sexual assault investigation launched in Beverly Hills against Harvey Weinstein, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The D.A.’s office was already investigating five other claims  – three in Los Angeles and two in Beverly Hills – against Weinstein.

The disgraced Hollywood mogul faces an avalanche of legal problems, including the possibility of life in prison after being indicted in May on rape and sex abuse charges in New York City. He pleaded not guilty to each count.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.